A hodgepodge of links that’ve caught my eye.
Help my favorite NC chefs:
Longtime readers of this blog know how much I adored my visit to stone circles at The Stone House, a retreat space (and so much more) in Mebane, NC. When I rave about my experience there, the food is always front and center. I even had the chance to serve as a recipe tester for their forthcoming cookbook!
Now my friends there are down to the wire, with just 37 hours left in their fundraising campaign to build a new, state-of-the-art kitchen. As my friend Heidi eloquently put it:
The kitchen, as it exists, has nourished my body, spirit, mind and heart. If that matters to you, give, even $1. The kitchen as it WILL exist will be able to do that for SO many more people. I know there are a lot of places to put your money, please consider this a GREAT one. Thanks!
Here’s the link to their indiegogo campaign. Thanks for considering this!
Speaking of food…
Things I did not eat in Boston this weekend but have enjoyed in the past:
- Anything at Myers + Chang (spicy beef! Five-spice chocolate mousse!). Everything I ever tried at Sofra. Ditto Clear Flour. And Toscanini’s.
Thing I did not eat in Boston but will seek out in the future:
- Banana breakfast sandwich at Mike and Patty’s, on Lisa J’s recommendation.
Thing you should do sometime if you find yourself in Salem, Massachusetts:
- Peabody Essex Museum. If marriage is your thing, you could also make like my friends Erika and Nick and have a really spectacular wedding there.
But back in Chicago…
- I recently received tickets to By the Way, Meet Vera Stark at the Goodman, and liked it so much. You know the drill: if you see it, please tell me so we can debrief.
- I worked from this space recently. This Yelp review is on point.
Other things happening soon in cities I love:
- NYC, June 30 – Cathy‘s big reveal of The Love Letters Project
- Los Angeles, all month – my sister’s Fringe debut in a funny musical
Other lists of links, if this is your jam:
Request for links:
What is the best piece you’ve read, or thing you’ve seen, about what’s going down in Turkey?
Thanks for reading! I’d serve you all a slice of stone circles fig cheesecake if I could.
All photos were taken at stone circles in August 2011.